Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blue Jean Baby

"L.A. lady...seamstress for the band"

I love that song!

I decided to clean out my closet today...mostly because I needed the room. I FINALLY got ALL of my laundry done and realized that I do not have enough drawer or closet space, or hangers to put all of my clothes away. *Remember I told you that I was a horrible housekeeper! So I got some empty totes from the garage and decided that I would take all my jeans (David also found me a tote full of jeans that said "Erin's Jeans...TOO SMALL" with a frown face) and separate them into sizes and then put them in the tote...starting with the smallest size first so that I could go through the tote as I lose the weight. ; ) I cannot believe how many pairs of jeans I own...that DON'T fit!!! I have maybe three pairs of jeans that I can fit into right now, and only one of which I ever wear...same thing with shorts. I'm still wearing my maternity shorts because they are the most comfortable.

Front: [Half of Nathan's head...lol] 6, 8, 9, 10, 11; Back: 12, 13-14, 14, 16, & 18

Then I decided that I would do the same thing with shirts. So I pulled all of the shirts out of my closet that I do not currently fit into. Several of which still have the tags on them!!! When I was losing weight a few years ago I had needed to buy new clothes because I dropped a couple sizes having lost 40 lbs. I was optimistic and purchased quite a bit of clothing that was even smaller than the size I was then able to fit in because I just KNEW I was going to be getting to that size soon...but I never did...so the clothes have sat in my closet just waiting for that day when I would finally lose the weight.

Left to Right: Medium, Large, XL-XXL, & 1X
All of the mediums are brand new with the tags still on. : /

So now I have two totes full of new or slightly used (because I gained weight pretty steadily over the years and wasn't able to wear any of my smaller sized clothing out) clothes separated by sizes so that I can just open them up and get out the next size I will need. The smallest size jeans I have are a size 6 that I bought while I was losing the weight before as part of my "goal" outfit. I have never been a size 6. I thought that my senior prom dress was a size 6...but I was looking at it when we moved and its a size 7. So the smallest pair of jeans I have that were actually worn by me at one time are a size 8. What I find funny is that I haven't looked at smaller sized jeans in quite awhile but from what the media makes you believe, a size 8 is still "big"...but when I was looking at those size 8's they looked SO TINY!!! I would be THRILLED to fit into those 8's!!! I know I will get there...slowly, but surely. Right now I just wish that my current size pants (20-24 depending) would just feel loose! I've lost 21 lbs. you would think that I would start to feel a difference in how my clothes fit...but I don't and that is pretty frustrating...especially when I'm doing so well with watching my calorie intake and exercising regularly! Soon...hopefully...soon! : )

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. I get to walk 6 miles tonight with my Crim training group...this will be our second to last group training session before the race!!! Yikes...time flies!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not alone in the closet dresser drawer battle of having more clothes than can be put away on laundry day. I am moving so I packed up all of my to small clothes and stored them with the other dozen totes of various size to small clothes that maybe some day will fit....Congrats on the 21 pounds weight loss and I am sure your clothes will get loser soon!!1
    I have never been smaller than an 8 and that was in high school which was 12 years ago the smallest I have been since then was 9/10 and that was pre kids and I have two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! Separating them into size totes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wearing my maternity stuff all last year because it was so comfy! When I moved into my new house, I finally just had to bag it all up and put it in the building. That way, it's not even in my closet. It made me work harder to fit into my old clothes! :)

    --Andi
    Mommy, Teacher, & So Much More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once your clothes start to get too big, get rid of them! Holding onto those will only give you permission to "grow" back into them. Save one outfit as a reminder to how far you've come, but get rid of the rest. VERY liberating:) Congrats on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I lost that 40 lbs. before that is exactly what I did. I gave all of my too big clothes to my Mother. What's horrible and embarrassing is that she asked me later if I wanted them back and I was so desperate for clothes that would fit my big again frame that I said yes! : ( Regardless...I do plan to do the same thing again...give them all away when I fit in them no longer. : )

      Delete
  5. I remember everyone telling me to judge my weight loss by how my clothes fit and that was so impossible! And frustrating! I found the jump to the next size seemed to happen all at once. For me it was at 21 pounds lost. I'm sure you'll see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wardrobe is exactly the same, Ernie! I've got multitudes of sizes, mostly of dresses and things I wore when I lost weight before and was determined that I WOULD fit into them again! It's frustrating waiting for those smaller sizes to fit - but all I can say is as you lose a couple more pounds, just keep trying them on - one day all of the sudden they'll fit and that's a great feeling :-)

    By the way - I sent an email to you a few days ago asking if you might like to do a guest post for my blog... but maybe it went into your spam folder? Let me know if you're interested - you can email me at pilliepop(at)aol(dot)com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete