Thursday, August 23, 2012

Check the cord!

I meant to write Monday night to update on my weight check appointment with my family doctor...but my computer went out on me! Actually, it turns out that it was the ANCIENT power strip we were using...but I ended up hauling both our NEW and OLD computers over to my parents house so my Dad could fix them because neither one was working and I couldn't figure out why. So I haven't had a computer for about a day and a half and I seriously felt lost! lol That's so horrible to say...but I have my 'routine' in the morning. I get up with the kids, get them breakfast, make my breakfast, and sit at the computer and check my e-mail, facebook, and dink around on some other sites that I check daily. Not to mention that I'm usually on here at night after the kids go to bed because my husband likes to watch baseball (BORING) or any type of sale related reality show...Storage Wars, Shipping Wars, House Hunters, Pawn Stars (HATE HATE HATE that show), Love It or List It...and the list goes on and on...and ON!!! So I find things to do online...like write to you fine people about my boring life. : ) So needless to say, I feel like I've missed out on so much stuff in just a day and a half and catching up is hard to do! So many e-mails and other blog posts!

---------------------------------------------------------------

OK...down to the nitty gritty. Monday I went in for my one month weight check since starting the Phentermine. If you remember, their scale is MEAN! Last month when I went in for a three month weight check, I had only lost 5 lbs. by their scale (accurate), but their scale had me weighing 240 lbs. instead of the 235 lbs. that my scale said the same day. So I was expecting it to read 5 lbs. heavier than my home scale...it was 3 lbs. heavier, but that could be because I always weigh myself in the morning right after getting up (and going potty...I know "potty?"...I'm a Mom) and before eating breakfast, so the 3 lbs. could just be the normal weight gained over the course of the day. According to their scale I was 226 lbs. which gave me a loss of 14 lbs. in ONE MONTH!!! It felt AWESOME to hear that and to then hear my doctor sing my praises!!! He said that it was a great accomplishment and that I should be really proud of myself. Then he asked if I wanted to continue taking the Phentermine for another month and I'm surprised that I didn't yell 'YES!'. So he gave me another prescription for a 30 day supply of Phentermine and had me schedule another weight check for next month. I felt AWESOME leaving that doctor's office.

Yesterday was my last Crim group training walk. We did just 3 miles at a location MUCH closer to my house! I was super geeked about that! Then we all went to an Italian restaurant for dinner. I stayed a little lighter on calories during the day so that I wouldn't feel guilty about having the pasta. To be honest though, the food made me feel horrible almost immediately after eating it and I didn't even finish my food. It tasted really good, but it just didn't sit in my stomach well. I didn't even box up the leftovers. I'm going to miss this group of people and I hope that I stay in touch with a lot of them, even after the Crim is over (its this coming Saturday). I'm hoping that next year I'll be training to RUN the 10 mile race and I'll be so much smaller than that no one from my walking group will recognize me! : )

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to run workout 1 of C25K's week 8 training...which will have me running a full 30 minutes straight. I'm a little nervous, but I think I can do it! We have to take Jacob to an orientation at his new school (he's starting Kindergarten) tomorrow night and I really hope I'm able to get home and run before it gets super dark. While I have enjoyed running in the dark before...the last time I did it I almost fell when I stepped on a loose rock and my ankle rolled sideways. I definitely don't want to get injured just days before my big 10 mile walk!!!

I hope everyone has a good Thursday! Remember to e-mail me at eatingawayernie(at)gmail(dot)com if you would be interested in reviewing and doing a giveaway for Plant Fusion products! : )


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! You are kicking but and taking names!! So, other than your tragic comment about hating Pawn Stars (NOOOOOO ERIN, NOOOOO), great update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, awesome! Congrats Erin!

    ReplyDelete