Sunday, August 19, 2012

What an Accomplishment!

I REALLY didn't want to run tonight! That's becoming a repetitive statement on this blog isn't it? Well, its the truth...but you know what makes it ok that I say it over and over...and over again? The fact that I RUN ANYWAYS!!! Before I started this journey...actually, I should be honest and say before I started to get 'serious' on this journey...I would use ANY excuse to get out of something that I didn't want to do. Especially when it came to any type of exercise. I really have to thank those at the Crim Fitness Center that chose to pick me for one of their first scholarships for the Crim Adult Training Program. They gave me the accountability I needed to get my ass in gear!

Shortly after starting the training program to walk the Crim's 10 mile race I decided that I wanted to start running! For that inspiration, I have to give a HUGE thank you to Katie at Runs For Cookies! *And my Internet friend Melisse for telling me about Katie's blog in the first place! Katie is such an INSPIRATION!!! How inspirational is she? Well, I have NEVER....EVER...wanted to run. Even back in high school when I was a normal weight and had a boyfriend (now my husband) who ran on both the cross country and track teams. I always thought people who ran for more than just to save their lives were crazy! Katie's story made me WANT to run...to even be EXCITED to start...and start NOW!!! So, here I am...12 weeks later...getting ready to start my last week, week 8, of my C25K training...having ran in two 5k races and walking over 9 miles straight during a Crim group training session! Oh yeah, and 25 lbs. closer to my goal weight! : )

So yes, I did NOT feel like running tonight...but I did! I ran workout number 3 of C25K's week 7 training...and it HURT!!! My legs, knees, and ankles were killing immediately after I started running...so much so that I was very close to stopping, but my previous experiences with pain in my legs at the start of a run tells me that as my legs warm up the pain will subside. However, this time I also started to get a cramp on my right side...right up under my rib cage...but I didn't stop. I kept on going and eventually the cramp subsided along with the pain in my legs. Unfortunately the cramp came back around the half way point, even worse than before. It hurt to breathe for a short time...but I kept going and again the cramp subsided. I felt like I was tired way earlier than I was the last time I ran this workout, but I was determined to finish...and I did! I was even a touch faster than last time too! The best thing though...is the feeling of accomplishment. The feeling that I did something that I never thought I would be able to do...and that I did it even though it wasn't easy for me! I had to push myself to finish, and to finish strong! I pushed myself so hard during the last 90 seconds of the run that I was still catching my breath when I got back to my front porch after a 5 minute cool down walk!

Even though my legs hurt and I just feel achy and sore all over...I'm so happy I did it and so proud of myself for doing what I thought was impossible! : )


I hope everyone had a great weekend and that Monday isn't too horrible! Tomorrow I have my first weigh check since starting the Phentermine one month ago! I'm ready for my doctor to be happy with my progress thus far! : )

4 comments:

  1. Erin...... you ROCK! I am so proud of you! Not only could I tell a difference in your phyiscal appearance today, but, even better, you can most definitely tell a difference in your attitude,and your overall confidence. Your proud of your self and you have every right to be! Your working HARD and with deterination and you WILL see the results you are looking for. Your an amazing person! I am so very lucky to have such an awesome and strong sister! Keep up the amazing work!

    xoxox
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do rock! Every week, you inspire me more and more:) Hope your weigh-in went well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its so weird to hear that I am somehow inspiring someone else!!! Never thought that could/would happen! : )

      Delete