Monday, October 8, 2012

Ok...maybe I did fall off the wagon...

...but I'm getting back on!!! I even ran tonight! Even though I am STILL sick!!! This is getting pretty ridiculous! I really hope that I'm finally on the up swing sickness wise and that I can get back on track with my eating habits.

I am obviously an emotional eater and as I became sicker (*TMI...and starting my period) and watched the days since I last ran stack up I got more depressed and started eating more! Some other things have also been bothering me and so that didn't help me out in the eating department at all. I also took a break from taking my Phentermine per my neurologists suggestion. He said that it loses it effectiveness fast and to take a week off or only take it every other day could help prolong its effectiveness. So since I was sick all last week I thought that I would take a break from the Phentermine at the same time. I'm sure that factored into my over eating...but it was a combination of things that led me to gain back two pounds over the last week.

Since my last post (about the Titanic Exhibit) I have only run THREE TIMES! From Saturday the 29th until yesterday, Sunday the 8th, I did NOT run or do any exercise at all.

My splits from my run on Thursday the 27th.  C25K Week 6 Workout 1.

C25K Week 6 Workout 2. My last run (Sat. the 29th) before becoming too sick.

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned how my Garmin had been messing up on the GPS...but I finally contacted Garmin online asking how I could fix my problem and ultimately I had to do a total system reset. So when I finally felt good enough to go out for a run last night I didn't have my workout loaded onto the Garmin and it wasn't synced with my heart rate monitor. I also didn't pay attention to how far I had gone during my 5 minute warm up walk so I had to guess when I would be finished with my 2.25 miles of running. I was off by .02 of a mile. I really felt like I was running super slow and I wanted to stop long before the 2.25 miles...but I didn't. I trudged through and finished...even though I was somewhat slower than I have been recently. Guess that's what happens though when you get sick and can't run for a week...not to mention that I'm still sick!

When you don't have a workout set up the Garmin automatically 'laps' at every mile.
I'm hoping to be back to my regular every other day running schedule now. I have my next 5k race this coming Saturday and I'm worried that my being sick is going to hinder me from making another PR. I really hope not though.

I hope everyone enjoys their Monday. I'm trying to get all of my laundry caught up...and I finally figured out what Isabel is going to be for Halloween...a cabbage patch doll...so I'm crocheting a yarn wig for her from a friends pattern. I'll share pictures when I finish it! : )

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat! Now that the weather is much cooler I want to get out running, but I've been fighting off a cold all week and feel so crappy. I hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm so glad you're starting to feel better. You'll get back in the swing of things before you know it!!

    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just stumbled on your blog from Runs for Cookies!

    About the running- just keep on a truckin'! I promote running, but really I haven't ran since August.. I was in another town, jogging on a treadmill in a hotel, and they had a mirror right in front of the treadmill. I saw how ridiculous and slow I was going and got VERY discouraged. I'm back on the bandwagon tomorrow, but hey, just wanted to let you know that you're *still* running! :)

    ReplyDelete