Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weigh In and 30 x 30 List

My weight today was the same as last Sunday...239 lbs. I know exactly why so I can't get discouraged. I had my 'free' day on Friday instead of Sunday so I messed myself up for the weigh in. I anticipate to lose two pounds over this next week. : )

So, I stole an awesome idea from Katie at Runs for Cookies (she's going to think I'm a stalker soon). She has a list of thirty things that she wants to accomplish in her 30th year of life. She also did a 30 x 30 list of things to accomplish by her 30th birthday. Since I'll be 29 in March I thought the 30 x 30 list idea was great. (Stay tuned for another 'list' idea I stole from Katie)

Without any further ado...here's my list of 30 things to accomplish by my 30th birthday...in no particular order.

1. Lose 100 pounds. 10 20
2. Run a 5K
3. Pay off a credit card
4. Close a credit card ; )
5. Buy a house
6. Read 20 books *COMPLETELY*
    1. The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
    2. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
    3. The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf
    4. Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto
    5. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
    6. Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James 
    7. Girls In White Dresses by Jennifer Close
    8. World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks
    9. A Stolen Life: A Memoir by Jaycee Dugard
  10. Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
  11. Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
  12. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
7. Finish Jacob's baby scrapbook He turned 5 on April 6th and I've only completed up to three months old.
8. See a waterfall I've seen Niagara Falls and Tahquamenon Falls, but I'd love to see more!
9. Find a new church
10. Go to or host a wine tasting My sister Ashley and I had a horrible experience with a red wine and I want to remedy that.
11. Go to a beer festival I'm not a big beer drinker, but I haven't tried many either.
12. Go on 12 *kid free* date nights with David 1  2  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13. Get more organized
14. Go to Cedar Point and be able to ride the roller coasters. The last time I went was in 2010 and I had already gained back some of the 40 lbs. I lost. I almost couldn't buckle the seat belt on my favorite coaster, the millennium force, and I don't mean it was just a little tough. I mean I repeatedly struggled with it.
15. Take my kids to the Flint Children's Museum This may not seem like something that should be on this list, but I've been meaning to take them for about two years.
16. Sell some crocheted and/or knitted items
17. Walk in the 10 mile Crim
18. Study the Bible
19. Visit family more
20. Pay a strangers bill
21. Go on a road trip and visit a state I've never been to I put these together for two reasons. 1) I wouldn't be able to afford to fly anywhere and 2) I wouldn't WANT to fly anywhere. So it would have to be a road trip.
22. Learn a new skill
23. Kick a bad habit
24. Plant a garden I've been wanting to do this for a couple years but we haven't had anywhere to plant one where we live now, so once we get our house I'll be able to.
25. Wear a bathing suit
26. Visit a museum
27. Get a new Nikon camera
28. Save $2,000
29. Decorate my house I am horrible about interior decorating....just because I never do it.
30. Stick to a budget

I hope my list inspires you to do the same. Thanks to Katie for the idea! : )

2 comments:

  1. Your list is almost exactly like my list would be if I made one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! I'm impressed you have already knocked out so many. I would make a list like this, complete maybe two, then feel guilty for 6 months. Do any of those *kid free* date nights include double dates? :)

    ReplyDelete