Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Reality Check

I went to the doctor today. I initially made the appointment just to get a referral to see my neurologist (crap...I forgot to call them and set up an appointment...ugh), but then I had the infected toe, which led to the hurt foot after my walk. So I decided to have the doctor take a look and let him know that I had been given a scholarship for the Crim training program and was trying to lose weight. Now, I realize that I have weight to lose (duh, I started this weight loss blog, am 'trying' to be on a diet, and am a part of a weight loss challenge), but I have never had a doctor say to me "Yes, you really need to work on getting your weight down." It was very uncomfortable for me to have him telling me that I needed to lose weight and how I should do that. I smiled and nodded my head but inside I was yelling at him "YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW ALL THIS!!! I KNOW I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT...I'M WORKING ON IT!!!"
I don't know why it is that I can't hear these things from 'certain' people. I know I absolutely HATE in when my husband makes any comment about my attempts to lose weight. If he asks me how much I lost at a weigh in or especially if he asks if something I'm eating is part of my diet...I just want to rip his head off! I'm like the hulk and discussing my weight loss journey makes me green with anger. "You don't want to SEE me when I'm ANGRY!" Now that I'm sitting here and really thinking about this behavior, I think I've come to the revelation that its when MEN talk to me about it. Hmmm...interesting.

Am I the only one who reacts like this?

***I may not have a new post for a few days, as we'll be moving over the next couple days...so please don't think Ive 'fallen off the wagon' so-to-speak...although the food part of this journey isn't going so well because of the move. I'm actually looking forward to going on a big shopping trip after we move and filling my brand new, side-by-side, beautiful refrigerator with fresh produce and other healthy meal options! : )

2 comments:

  1. I agree, 100%!! Because I know that I need to lose weight I do not need ANYONE telling me! I can tell by the numbers on the scale and my reflection in the mirror, people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for having your blog, Anyways---

    I hate when others make comments about my weight. I look in the mirror everyday, I know I need to lose weight; but thank you for pointing it out yet again.

    Hang in there, have fun moving..

    ReplyDelete