Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Got It!!!

I received a phone call today that I was selected for one of twenty scholarships for the Crim training program!!! I was so surprised!!! I never 'win' anything! I have an appointment on Friday to register. I'm really excited to see what all it entails...I'll be sure to let you know what I find out on Friday. I'm really thinking that this is going to be the push...nay...SHOVE I need to get me into this journey mentally.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I went over to the new house last night to get some things cleaned up. It was a little creepy being there all by myself...at night. It was SO quiet! lol You'd think I'd welcome the opportunity for silence but it just creeped (my spell check says that's not a word...hmmm) me out. I had to go in the basement to spray down some walls with bleach water that have mold on them. I've never lived in a house that had a basement so it was kind of creepy being down there...especially since the lighting is bad and the fact that the room I was spraying down reminds me of what one of Dexter's "kill rooms" would look like. *Major stupid points to me for calling it a "kill room" the first time I saw it resulting in making it seem even CREEPIER!!! (I've used a form of that word 4 times in this paragraph so far...lol) At least I got some exercise going up and down the basement stairs several times because I kept forgetting stuff upstairs. I haven't been able to get to the gym in a week so I wasn't complaining. I vacuumed the whole house as well...which was quite a workout too...there isn't any furniture to take up any space so it was ALOT of carpet to vacuum. Tonight I went and shampooed the carpets...fun fun! My good friend Kari came over though to chat with me while I cleaned and to just keep me company...so I wasn't as creeped out! lol *Had to use the word one more time. ; )

4 comments:

  1. That is soooo stinkin exciting! I am very happy for you! This will be such a fantastic opportunity for you. Yeah, I agree that basements can be creepy..when we lived in Salt Lake we looked at a place downtown that had a basement and I couldn't even go down to look at it!! ha ha So when do you officially move into the new place?? Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin!

      Yes, creepy! lol Especially how it sounds walking on the main floor...every step is kind of hollow and makes noise...of course maybe that's because of how much I weigh.

      We are moving next Thursday and Friday.

      Delete
  2. I keep forgetting to ask...when is the 10k with Crim??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's August 25th. I'm thinking I'm just going to train to walk the complete 10 miles...but we'll see how training goes.

      Delete