Saturday, April 28, 2012

March of Dimes Walk #1

Today was the March of Dimes walk (the first one). I walked 5.5 miles, most of which I pushed my youngest in a jogging stroller...but she got tired of that after awhile so I held her for awhile and also pushed my two boys in a double jogging stroller for a little while too. I got A...L...O...T of exercise...at least for me! : ) I finished strong and wasn't as dead tired as I thought I would be. I did however develop a headache about half way through and once the walk was over it just got worse, so when I got home I took some headache medicine and laid down for an hour or two. What a great husband I have to let me take a nap. : )

We're doing it again tomorrow...but six miles this time! Yikes! My feet didn't hurt at all on the walk today...after my nap however...ouch! I'm hoping they are ship shape again by morning. If I'm still alive after tomorrow than I know I'll be capable of doing the 10 mile walk in the Crim in August...especially after training three months for it.

I am pretty tired so I'll leave you with a photo of my kids posing on a motorcycle at the first check point on the walk. Unfortunately we didn't take any more pictures after that. Although the local newspaper took quite a few pictures of my kids so I'm hoping they'll be in the paper! I cropping myself out of the photos. I can't believe how overweight I look!!! I wish I looked how I think I look in my head!!! Pretty depressing...I need to change that so next year at the walk I can be proud of the pictures I'm in and wear the extra shirt I ordered for myself in a size Medium!!! ; )

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!



2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I bet you are feeling so great right now, in spite of the aches and pains! I'm sure you will do well tomorrow too!

    Now, my friend, I have to tell you...YOU are a BEAUTIFUL woman! You have NOTHING to be ashamed of. I, for one, would love to see more photos of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on walk #1! Hope you did well on the second walk as well! You're definitely getting a great workout walking all of those miles- and especially pushing a stroller and/or carrying one of your kids. Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete