Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm Back...I Guess...

Well, we're all moved in...mostly...there are still some things at the old place and a zillion boxes to unpack at the new place, but we're getting there. This last several days have NOT been fun. I won't go into all of the stressful details because this is not a blog about unexpected appliance complications and such.

It is however a weight loss blog...and I have NOT lost any weight...at least I'm pretty confident about that...my scale is still at the old house. I haven't weighed myself since Friday the 13th I believe! I've been to afraid too. With packing, moving, and unpacking there has been NO grocery shopping for healthy meals and TONS of fast food and junk! : ( I'm feeling pretty horrible about it all...mentally and physically! I can tell that I've taken in a TON of salt! To top it all off...my right foot is hurting me now!!! Just when my left foot gets (mostly) pain free and with less than a week before the March of Dimes walks (11 miles total over two days)!!! I'm not backing out of those walks though! I have an awesome team walking with me and I'm not letting them, my kids, or those babies I'm walking for down!

My Crim training is getting closer and I'm getting more and more excited about it. I really feel like this will be my turning point (I sure hope it is)! We have a "Meet and Greet" a week from tomorrow, where we'll meet our group leader and other group members. I'm really looking forward to that as well as the "Pre-training Clinic"  where they will assess us physically as kind of a 'before' and then we'll return near the end of training to be reassessed and see how we've improved!

I should be back to regular blogging now and will be getting back on track with my eating as well...I'd better! Its really frustrating when I look back to how I felt when I decided to start this journey back in January...How I planned to lose 10 pounds a month and how it seemed like April/May and 40 pounds lost seemed forever away...now here I sit STILL just 10 pounds or so down (I hope) and the time has flown by!!! Does anyone else ever feel like this? I've had it happen to me EVERY time I try to lose weight. Where I feel like time goes by soooo slow when I'm trying to see results on the scale and then I seem to zip forward several months with no improvement. Its very discouraging! I have a couple weddings to attend this year and I don't want to feel super self conscious in 'fancy clothes'. I use to love going out shopping for a new 'dress-up' outfit for something formal...now it makes me cringe and feel nauseous!

Sorry I'm such a downer today. I need some inspiration...guess I better head over to Runs For Cookies and catch up on the posts I've missed! Just LOVE her! : )

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Hopefully you'll finish the move soon! I know moving can be so stressful!
    Don't be discouraged! You're making the right moves to lose weight, so as long as you're heading in the right direction and trying to change that's great! I feel like I always try to make goals that I feel are realistic, and then when the "goal" time is done I never lose the amount I had hoped. But I try to remind myself this is a lifestyle change I am trying to make, so as long as I am trying and losing something then I'm happy!
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete