Saturday, September 15, 2012

Really!?



It just figures that just after I give up hope on finding my Garmin USB and order a new one that I find it laying right in the middle of the floor in our computer room!!! Now, I KNOW it wasn't there before because after I looked in this room about 50 times David cleaned up the floor and vacuumed so it had to have been moved in here by someone (one of the kids no doubt) sometime within the last 24 hours! Oh well, I guess I'll have a back up USB now for the NEXT time I lose one...and it is INEVITABLE that I will lose it again. I'm horrible about losing things.

I went ahead and updated my last two posts with my splits for the Mackinac Island 8 mile run/C25K Week 9 (2) and C25K Week 9 (3) workouts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's my 100th Post!!!

I wish I would've realized this a while ago...I would've tried to set up a giveaway or something. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. : /

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am suppose to run tonight and start week 5 of C25K training with a distance target instead of time...but I was invited to an 80's themed roller skating birthday party. I don't think I'll be roller skating though, and I'm not sure if I would end up running today even if I didn't go to the party because my legs are really bothering me today. I'm not sure why they would hurt today when they felt fine on my rest day yesterday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to talk about this when I posted about my Mackinac Island run...but I had purchased a People Magazine to take with me for the weekend since David always goes to bed before me and I didn't want to keep him up with the hotel room TV on. I came to this article about a model turned "plus size" model. While I applaud her for not trying to fit into the stereotype of a beautiful woman I could not finish reading the article because I could not believe that they consider her a "plus size" model at a size 12!!!!! She is in no way, shape, or form overweight! I was disgusted by how the article was praising main stream fashion designers for accepting a plus size model for their top line photo shoots!!! Really??? That should be the standard...using an AVERAGE sized woman to market their clothing to AVERAGE sized women!!! No wonder women have such horrible self esteem and body image issues!

Does she look like a "plus size" model???
Photo found at http://www.stylehasnosize.com/tag/im-proud-of-my-size/





I hope everyone has a great weekend! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment