Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Winter Running Gear

Today I went in to see my doctor for my monthly weight check. I've now been on the Phentermine for two months and today I was TEN pounds lighter than I was last month and (according to my doctor's scale) 24 lbs. lighter than I was two months ago when I started the medication! The doctor gave me another month's supply of the Phentermine and sent me on my way. I can only take the Phentermine for six months total so I need to make sure that I establish good eating habits before that time is up because my big worry is that I will immediately start gaining the weight back once I'm done with the medication.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been looking online for deals on Under Armour ColdGear pants...but wasn't finding any prices that I would be willing or able to spend. I would be willing to try another brand of running pants that is made for cold weather running but I can't seem to find anything that specifically says its made for colder temps. So today I went to TJ Maxx after having several fellow participants of the Lose A Marathon Challenge facebook discussion page tell me they've scored some UA stuff there. I was unable to find any pants but I did find a UA ColdGear shirt! I also got a Nike Therma-fit zip-up jacket and two new sports bras that I desperately needed! I still spent quite a bit...I was going to also buy a Nike thermo shirt but my total would have been close to or over $100...but I figure I really NEEDED it to continue with my training. I know I'll get good use out of the items and I'm looking at it as my reward for losing 30 lbs.!

The Nike zip-up is a size Large. I figured if I was going to spend the money for the thermo I'd want it to fit for awhile. So its pretty snug right now, but it should fit me for awhile then. ; ) Reg. $65.00 I paid $24.99
The UA ColdGear shirt is an XL and is probably too small right now because its suppose to be "Fitted, Not Tight"...but its pretty tight! Oh well, same as with the zip-up, I'll be able to wear it for awhile. Reg. $49.99 I paid $24.99
The pink one is a Jockey Sport and has removable padded cups. Reg. $32.00 I paid $12.99
The blue one is Morera with no padded cups. Reg. $16.00 I paid $7.99.
Both are size XL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of the Lose a Marathon Challenge...the final weigh in was yesterday (Monday) and I didn't end up losing a marathon. I did however lose 22 lbs. during the challenge. : ) I really hope that Jess does another round of the challenge. I'm definitely up for it!

And speaking of challenges...my facebook mommies weight loss group is in the final week of our 6 week challenge and I am tied for first place with another mommy!!! The drive to win is really helping me stay on track this week! I wanted to have a snack earlier while I watched my show (Sons of Anarchy) but I thought about how this mommy and me have been neck and neck for the whole challenge and I didn't want to jeopardize any edge I may be able to gain. If I don't win, oh well, any of the mommies in that group deserve to win a prize...but it would sure be nice if it was THIS MOMMY! ; )

I hope you all have a great Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Yay on the weight loss and finding good deals on the winter running gear! I need to start looking to see what I have that will work and what I need to buy.
    Congrats on the 22 pound loss on the lose a marathon challenge. I am not sure what I lost but it was less than 10... I to hope she does another challenge something to get us thru these holidays coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure if she sees how many people want round two that she will probably set up another one.

      Delete
  2. You look great! I too have started thinking (not yet looking) for cold weather gear. Unfortunately, there isn't a TJ Maxx in my town, I'd have to drive a bit to get to one. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! : ) What about Marshall's? Someone said they have found UA stuff at Burlington Coat Factory as well. I also found out that there is a UA outlet store 20 miles from my house! If you go to the Under Armour website and use the store locator it will tell you where any UA stores, outlets, or authorized stores are near you.

    ReplyDelete