Tuesday, May 1, 2012

March of Dimes Walk #2

The weather was so much nicer on Sunday for our second walk! I FORGOT my camera...CANNOT believe it!!! Actually I can believe it, I forget EVERYTHING, ALL THE TIME! If you follow along with me for awhile on this blog I'm sure you'll see just how much! So the only picture we had taken today was the group photo that the volunteer photographer for the March of Dimes took of our team. So, once I'm e-mailed the pictures from both walks I'll post them.

The walking path that was our route on Sunday was very nice and we had some pretty scenery for some of the walk. It was an out-and-back route so we turned around after 2.5 miles and headed back up the same walking path. Luckily we were more towards the end so we didn't have oncoming traffic for too long...that was the only drawback to the route. I started to get a little tired around the 3 mile mark and by the 4 mile marker I was struggling. I really just wanted the walk to be over...like 10 minutes ago...but I trudged ahead. I also wanted to murder my husband because he wanted to go fishing (the walk weekend always falls on the opening weekend of walleye season) so he insisted on speeding up to pass people every 5 minutes! I made it though, but immediately after crossing the finish line and slowing down I started getting dizzy. I hurried over to the food line and got a hot dog, little bag of sun chips (pretty yummy...I had never had the original flavor), and a 12 oz. XXX Vitamin Water (LOVE). The food however did not help my dizziness. I also had another headache come on. We ate and left relatively quickly. We did let the boys play on the playground for a few minutes while I nursed Isabel. I dozed in the car and thankfully David had told our oldest, Jacob, that he would take him fishing with him, so Nathan, Isabel, and I all went down for naps as soon as we got home. I was still very dizzy when I was laying down in bed. Not sure why...maybe just too much all at once.

---------------------------------------------------------

On a non weight loss related note, we also got to see our good friends new baby girl that evening. We took some pizzas and salad (I wanted to make them a home cooked meal, but I was so wiped out and feeling blah) over to their house and I got to hold their new teeny tiny peanut! She is so sweet! I can't wait to hold her again. She was over 7 lbs. at birth, which was quite a bit bigger than Isabel was, but she looked so tiny! I always forget how little they are.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok, back to weight loss related news! : ) I got my Crim training program "virtual packet"! They've "gone green" and stopped giving out paper print out packets. I received the information on what group I'm going to be in and my training schedule for the 14 weeks. I was a little surprised that their is only ONE rest day a week! I mean...I guess I'm just walking, but that kind of surprised me. I'm getting so excited about it though. Tomorrow evening is our meet and greet. I'm looking forward to meeting and getting to know new people! I don't know that I have permission to post the actual training schedule calendar here, so I'll just give you the run down.

Sundays: Easy Walks
Mondays: Rest Days
Tuesdays: Group Workouts Mileage as follows: 2.5 miles, 3 miles, 4 miles, 3.5 miles, 4.5 miles, 5.5 miles, 3 miles, 6.5 miles, 3 miles, 8 miles, 3.5 miles, 9 miles, 5 miles, 6 miles, and 3.5 miles
Wednesdays: Cross training or Walk
Thursdays: 30 Minute Walks the first month and then 30-45 Minute Walks
Fridays: Easy Walks
Saturdays: 30 Minute Walks the first month and then 30-45 Minute Walks

*This information was created by the Crim Fitness Program


---------------------------------------------------------


Our local news station was at the March of Dimes walk on Sunday and our family actually made it into one of the shots...well, the backs of us anyways. David says its at the 23 second mark. We're in the teal-ish blue shirts with white writing to the left of the screen. : )

http://www.abc12.com/story/17926364/march-for-babies

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment