Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Haven't really felt like blogging

I didn't fall off the wagon...well...today I did, a little...but that's not why I haven't been writing. I just haven't really had much to say...or much that I COULD say on my weight loss blog. There is plenty going on in my 'personal' life, but that's not for this blog. Plus, I haven't gotten any comments on the blog lately, so I figured it didn't really matter to much if I didn't blog. Do my 16 followers still follow me? Just curious...I would really love some feedback every now and again on a question I pose or some encouragement when I'm struggling. That is, after all, why I started this blog. To meet other people going through the same 'fight' I am, to know that I'm not alone, to get a little motivation, encouragement, even scolding. lol I hope this doesn't sound selfish or self-centered...that's not how I want it to come across. How I want it to come across is that...I NEED HELP from others who can relate with what I'm going through and what I'm trying to accomplish. I don't need 8,000 followers, my 16 is just fine...but I'd just like to hear from those 16 every once in awhile. : )

----------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on...lol...at my weigh in last Friday for my weight loss challenge I stayed at 234 lbs. I wasn't on the wagon the previous week so I was actually happy with that number because I was expecting a gain...of course I still had to add a $1.00 to the winner's pot because I saw no change. Oh well, that's ok...I'm gonna win it back anyways. ; )

 ----------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I'm going to the Crim Pre-training clinic where they will assess me physically BEFORE training. We will then return after training to get our...well...AFTER stats taken to see how we improved over the 12 weeks of training. I'll fill you in on my stats tomorrow night. I'll also update with my body fat percentage as soon as I unpack my monitor...lol.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!

15 comments:

  1. I found in the beginning that as I started encouraging others they encouraged me back. A lot of people read but don't comment. I guess they feel a little shy? Or they feel they don't know what to write. I'm not sure why 20 people might read an entry and 1 person comments. Or none. Blogging is such a funny old world lol. Thumbs up on the 13 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had all the time in the world to read through other weight loss blogs and comment on them...but with 3 kids I'm usually reading someones blog post half standing up and running off as soon as I'm finished, or may not even be able to finish their post. That does make sense though, so I'll try to leave more comments myself. Thanks for the input! : )

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Bridge! I still enjoy reading yours as well. : )

      Delete
  3. I still read too! I don't know why I don't usually post comments...
    That training program sounds great! I'm so impressed that you committed to doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I did as well. To be honest, when I signed up I was thinking "10 miles isn't bad at all." Now that its getting closer to the start of training I'm thinking to myself "What was I thinking 10 MILES!!!" lol

      Delete
  4. I always read! :)
    No weight change is definitely better than a gain! So that's good!
    And good luck on the pre-training clinic!
    I know you'll do great. You can do whatever you put your mind to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im still reading your blog. You can do this crim, you can do anything you put your mind too it. Best of luck with your training. I envy what your doing, kinda wish I was doing it, also. So keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm...I wonder who this is! lol

      You could still do the Crim without doing the training program. I have the training schedule and you could just follow it and register to walk it on your own.

      Delete
  6. I read, and comment :) You know I am always a text away also, and the phone is stuck to my hip so I respond quickly! You are doing great Erin. This Crim program is going to be so good for you to do..and you can do 10 miles no problem...didn't you just technically do them last weekend with your walks??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...Technically yes, I walked about 11 miles for the March of Dimes...but that was broken up into two days...and I was feeling horrible at the end of the second day, but that's what the training is suppose to help with...conditioning me to be able to do it without feeling like I'm going to die afterwards...lol.

      Delete
    2. True, and that was the first time you have done that walk, right? Every time will get easier...and I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the training was over you were jogging a bit of that 10 miles! I wish I lived close enough to be there and support you on that walk!!

      Delete
  7. The best way to get comments is to leave comments on other's blogs. Everyone appreciates reciprocation. Good job on the 13 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I found your blog from Run For Cookies blog roll and glad I did. I too an on this never ending journey and can use all the friends I can get. We can't do it alone. I look forward to following your journey. Take care.

    ReplyDelete