Thursday, May 31, 2012

That SUCKED! *Added Splits*

Ok, so...I was suppose to run yesterday, but I forgot that I was hosting book club at my house and that usually runs pretty late so I pretty much knew it wasn't going to happen. Not to mention that I stuffed my face ate quite a bit of food at the meeting so I wasn't going to try and run on an over full stomach. I was telling my girl friends in book club how I was suppose to run and that since I knew I wasn't going to do that I was at least going to try and walk...but everyone stayed until after 10pm and I was convinced that I wasn't even going to walk. However, as everyone was leaving my friend Jessi asked if I wanted to go walk and that she would go with me! So away we went down my dead end dirt road at 10:30 at night...and after Jessi herself had told us a story from the news about a "zombie" man who ate another man's face off!!! So I think we get extra points for bravery, although a dog kept howling and at first we couldn't tell what it was...and of course Jessi has to suggest that it sounds like it could be someone yelling! So we paused for a moment and were very close to booking it back to my house...but we realized it was a dog and continued on our way. So I at least got my Crim training workout in last night.

Tonight, I was determined to do day 1 of week 2 of the Couch 2 5k program...even though it was raining and cold outside. David (my husband) told me I'd better wear warm clothes and my rain coat. I wasn't too thrilled about the rain coat because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to hear my Garmin beeping when I needed to start/stop running (the stopping part is the most important), but I obeyed and put on a pair of sweat pants, my sweat wicking shirt I got for being a part of the Crim training program, a hoodie, and my raincoat. I was roasting before I even stepped out the door.

I hadn't eaten for a couple hours but I could still feel the food sitting in my stomach, like high in my stomach, and that worried me since I knew I was going to be adding 30 seconds to my runs and I HATE to throw up (like anyone really enjoys it, right?), not to mention that after having three kids...throwing up causes other...well, women who have had babies probably know what I'm getting at, and if you don't know what I'm getting at post and comment and I'll elaborate in a reply. ; ) So anyways, I wasn't feeling great right from the get go and the weather was less than stellar so I got to the first 90 second run (BTW, I had been thinking that week 2 was a 90 run/60 walk ratio, but I was wrong...its 90/120...much better) and my sweat pants started to fall down and then I realized that I had forgotten to stretch beforehand!!! So I stopped my Garmin...and at that very moment I had two thoughts simultaneously...1)That there was no way I could do six 90 second runs, let alone ONE...and 2) I was going to turn around and just go home. I stretched a little and hiked up my pants and then I did NOT turn around and go home, but re-started my Garmin and continued running the rest of the 90 seconds!!! Amazing, right??? Well, I think so. It was AWFUL though and I really thought I was going to puke...overactive glands and all...YUCK...but I didn't puke!!! I continued on to the next run and the next run until I was done running!!! It seemed to go be pretty fast and then I had the remaining two minute walk before the four minute cool down (to make it a 30 minute workout).  Now, you would think that I would've walked those last 6 minutes and been super freakin' happy to do it...but I felt guilty that I had paused during my first run so I RAN three 10 second bursts to make up for the time I had paused. Seems pretty BAD ASS, right? WRONG...just ASS is more like it. I pulled something in my right thigh during those 10 second bursts which I ran faster than I had been running my 90 second runs...just a silly thing to do. I don't think it's anything that will affect me later (sure hope not) but its something I could have avoided.

So it was the CRAPPIEST run I've ever had...out of the four I've had. lol What is awesome about it though, is that even with the crappy weather, feeling crappy, my crappy sweat pants (which I cinched super tight after that first 90 second run and didn't have anymore problems with), and my crappy idea to run fast at the end I FINISHED!!! I ran all six 90 second runs and LIVED!!! That's pretty awesome to me!!! : )


Here is a picture of me after my CRAPPY run! That smile is real, although hard to muster, but its real because I was so proud of myself that I DID IT!!! 



C25K Week 2 Time Distance Avg Pace
1 05:00.0 0.28 18:10
2 01:30.0 0.13 11:45
3 02:00.0 0.10 20:27
4 01:30.0 0.12 12:13
5 02:00.0 0.09 21:22
6 01:30.0 0.11 13:49
7 02:00.0 0.09 21:08
8 01:30.0 0.11 13:09
9 02:00.0 0.10 20:38
10 01:30.0 0.11 13:57
11 02:00.0 0.10 19:37
12 01:30.0 0.10 14:25
13 02:00.0 0.10 19:41
14 04:00.0 0.22 18:33

I hope you enjoyed your Thursday! : )

9 comments:

  1. YAY!! I told you that you could do it!! Now that you've done the 90 second run, the 60 second run will seem easy! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so fricken proud of you! You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to! I knew you had this strength in you! So happy and excited for you! I love you Ernie! Your AWESOME!

    Ur sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I remember having about5 bad runs on a row. Then I ran by myself in the rain and it was awesome! Keep it up! It's awesome the things you can do that you never would've thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome Erin!! I am soo glad you decided to do it! What a great accomplishment girl! I have to say I was cracking up when I read the comments about throwing up and .... I am soo with you on that!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never even want to walk after a face full of food the night before. I can't even image running on a full stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That's a serious accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That is the power of YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a real runner! No "weather pending" runs makes you dedicated! Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete