Thursday, May 3, 2012

Smart Asses Unite

I went to the Meet and Greet for the Crim training program last night and my group is AWESOME!!! A few of us went out to eat at Mongolian Barbecue afterwards (the restaurant is one of the sponsors for the training program so we get discounts) and had a lot of fun! There are quite a few smart asses in the group and the laughs just kept on coming. I was very nervous about meeting my group. I was worried that we wouldn't mesh well, or that everyone would be super serious about it all of the time. I am so relieved to know that there are some who will keep the training sessions light. I'm really excited for our first training session, which seems like forever away (a little less than two weeks).

I'm suppose to go out and get fitted for shoes, get a water belt, and a couple sweat wicking (is that right?) shirts...but I really don't have the money for ANY of it. I received the scholarship for a reason, and with just moving into the new house and planning for a concert in a few months all of our expendable money is tied up. I know that I really need to get fitted for a proper pair of shoes though, because I got blisters after walking in the two March of Dimes walks, and I've been told that if you have properly fitting shoes that you should NOT get blisters. The first training session is only 3 miles so I should be ok for that one...so maybe I'll wait another couple weeks before going to get some shoes. Oh, did I mention that the free technical shirt that I received is TOO SMALL!!! Its an XXL, but looks more like a large! Everyone was complaining about it at the meeting. Guess that gives me motivation, right? : )

I hope everyone has a good Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment