Thursday, June 28, 2012

And Then...And Then...And Then

Sorry its taken me so long to write a new post. Sometimes I go through spurts of just not wanted to post. I wish I could dictate my posts and it would type out itself. lol

----------------------------------------------------------------




Ok...lets see....Monday was the first weigh in for Run with Jess's Lose a Marathon Weight Loss Challenge. My weight loss for the week was somewhat skewed because when I registered I had to give a starting weight. So I weighed myself half way through the day on Thursday, I believe, and for some reason I had shot up after last Friday's weigh in even weighing in the morning so it was a high 238 lbs. As a result, my Monday morning weigh in showed a 5 lb. weight loss! While I know that its 'really' more like a 2 lb. weight loss its very motivating and encouraging to see a 5 lb. drop on the scale. ; )



----------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday night I had my weekly Crim group training session. We walked our farthest yet...5.5 miles!!! It took us 2 hours!!! My poor neighbor wanted to come along and I tried to explain to her that we were very slow...the slowest walking group in fact...but she insisted and was still surprised by how slow we were. (She's currently training for a triathlon) She said she enjoyed herself though, talking to the other people in the group and answering some walking/running questions.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My next C25K training workout WILL be tomorrow night. I feel like it had been forever and I'm hoping that I will still be able to run 5 minutes straight. The last time I ran was Saturday!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I went in to see my neurologist today for a check up and to discuss starting medication for MS. He agreed that I had experienced another 'attack' about two weeks ago and because of that he has decided that I should start taking a different, stronger drug than he had initially planned for me to take. While I'm happy that this means that I will only have to inject myself three times a week instead of seven, I am very scared about some of the side effects of this stronger drug. Clinical depression runs in my family. I have had short bouts of depression a couple of times in my life, but its never lasted so long to be considered clinical and this drug can cause depression and suicidal thoughts...especially in those more prone to depression! That terrifies me!!! I think I am going to call my doctor tomorrow and ask just how often he sees patients suffering from this side effect and if he would still recommend me taking it if I'm prone to depression. He did say that I am NOT overdoing it with the exercise, to keep it up, and that I'm doing one of the best things that I could be doing for my overall health as well as for managing my MS. So that's good news.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently trying to talk my husband into signing up for an 8 mile run around Mackinac Island in September. I thought that we could find someone to watch the kids and we could make a weekend out of it. Our first ever trip together (at age 19) was camping and we spent a day on Mackinac Island...even rollerblading all the way around (8 miles). He's worried about the cost...so I guess I'll just have to put aside some extra cash whenever I can to convince him that we can go. : )

On our first trip to Mackinac Island. I sure wish I was that size again!

Sorry this post is all over the place...but that's what happens when I wait several days to post.

I hope everyone enjoys their Thursday...I know David won't...he's getting his vasectomy tomorrow! (He's going to love that I shared this on my PUBLIC blog...lol)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 5 pound loss. Don't minimize it. That's fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your head is in a good place. Good on ya keeping on with the C25K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss. and hopefully you can convince the hubby to go it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete