Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm Still Here...

...and I haven't quit exercising. I did not do my workout on Sunday or Monday however. On Sunday I decided that it would be best to just do my 30 minutes of walking because my legs and ankles hurt pretty bad and I didn't want to over do it. On Monday my legs and ankles were still hurting pretty badly and my husband...who rarely thinks I give my all to anything said that I was over doing it and that I should take a rest day. I still feel kind of guilty about it but my legs and ankles are feeling MUCH better today. : )

I had my group workout for the Crim training program tonight. We walked 3.5 miles and I felt good the whole way. I'm a little achy now in my knees, shins, and ankles but I'm confident that I should be able to do another C25K workout tomorrow evening. Since I wasn't able to complete week two I have decided to do it over again this week. I'm also hoping to convince David (my husband) to let me go get fitted for some running shoes which might possibly help with some of the pain I'm having...I know most of the pain is caused by how much weight I'm trying to lug around on my poor leg/ankle bones, so I'm going to try working on the eating side of things more this week...which means I need to go grocery shopping PRONTO! All I have is cereal! Wish me luck! : )

I hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. My ankles/shins hurt pretty badly when I first started running. Enough to where I thought about stopping. I think it's just your body getting used to a new motion. Make sure you ice them after your workouts, and they should get better over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The proper running shoes re key for your comfort. Depending on how you step down on your foot, will depend on what kind of support you need. You can definitely feel a lot of soreness and discomfort just by wearing the wrong shoes. My shins and knees hurt when I first started running, but only for about the first month. With good shoes and persistence, everything feels great now! Good luck with your training tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that you WANT to keep going. It sounds like you may be overdoing it a little but I think you're right, you need to have the right shoes. I haven't started running yet but, from everything I've read, having shoes that fit YOUR foot, not just the general population of feet, is crucial.

    Maybe show your husband some articles or blog posts about how important the right shoe is and maybe he'll be more open to you getting fit for them.

    Good luck!
    Bridgette
    www.itsnoneofyourfitness.com

    ReplyDelete