Friday, June 29, 2012

Some Like It Hot...

...I DON'T!!!

It reached 100 degrees (by my car thermostat) yesterday in Michigan...which is uncommon. I had my C25K workout scheduled for yesterday night...and I knew that it was still going to be warm, but I wasn't expecting 84 degrees (90ish with humidity) at 9:30pm! However, I went out and did it anyways! I was bummed because I couldn't find my mp3 player so I had to go without music, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be without the motivational tunes. I usually don't take my water bottle with me...I leave it at the end of the driveway and get it on my way back, but I took it with me yesterday and finished the whole 24oz before I got back home! I was so proud of myself that I did it...and without walking during any of the running sections! I have to admit that talking to my friend Jessi helped motivate me to get the whole workout done. I had been talking to her on the phone just before leaving for my workout and she told me and that her husband and her had just gotten back from a run and turned back because it was just too hot. I told her that she had just given me more incentive to get my whole workout in so that I could brag about how I had finished when she didn't. She laughed...and I will be telling her that very thing at book club tonight. : )


I was a little slower but that's to be expected with the heat. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday! I know I will...book club with a Greek food theme and then to the movies with the girls to see Magic Mike!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good job~! Always good to finish and not use an excuse :) And I wanted to thank you! I saw the Marathon challenge with Jess on your blog and registered and I'm LOVING it! First week I had a 7 pound loss :D Here's to more losing, fewer excuses and healthier us!

    ReplyDelete