Saturday, June 9, 2012

Isn't this suppose to be getting easier???

Before I start complaining about my workout tonight. I wanted to pat myself on the back for losing two pounds this last week!!! For the first time in several weeks I didn't have to add $1.00 to the weight loss competition's pot! WOOHOO!!! Hopefully this is just the start of some consistent weight loss.

Ok...now to complain! First I should mention that I did not go out and do my 30 minute easy walk yesterday...for three two reasons. 1) My knees and ankles were really bothering me by the end of the day and 2) I went to a parade that our local high schools have every year where the seniors walk through downtown in their caps and gowns and receive crap tons of balloons and flowers from family and friends. My brother is graduating this year so I went to watch him in the parade. So I was walking up and down the downtown area for awhile, while pushing a double stroller. I figured I could count that. : ) *The third reason was that I was tired and just didn't want to.* So my knees were bothering me pretty badly today, but I went out to do my workout anyways, but as soon as I started running I could tell that it was going to be horrible...and it was!!! My knees ached the ENTIRE time. It seemed to me that I was getting winded faster and during the last two runs my legs even became extremely heavy and tired towards the end of the 90 seconds...but I did the entire workout and did not walk any of the run times! Hooray for small miracles! My knees were killing me so badly when I got back that I immediately took 800mg of Ibuprofen and iced my knees down with some bags of frozen peas from the freezer.

I am seriously wondering if I SHOULD continue with the C25K training??? I know that I WANT to continue with it and have been despite my pain...but I'm worried that I'm just going to cause more injury because I would feel guilty if I "quit". My most frequent thought is that I really should have waited until I had lost about 40 pounds or so before starting to run. I just don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure that I will continue to do the C25K as long as the pain is bearable, until I go to my weight check appointment with my family doctor and then I will discuss with him what I've been doing and what I've been experiencing. I really would like to go out and get fitted for a new pair of running shoes, but my husband just won't get on board with it right now.

Here are my splits...nothing impressive.
 


Day Four Day Four
C25K Week 2 Time Distance Avg Pace
1 05:00.0 0.25 20:21
2 01:30.0 0.12 12:18
3 02:00.0 0.10 20:34
4 01:30.0 0.12 12:47
5 02:00.0 0.12 16:49
6 01:30.0 0.12 12:01
7 02:00.0 0.11 17:41
8 01:30.0 0.14 10:34
9 02:00.0 0.10 20:21
10 01:30.0 0.12 12:22
11 02:00.0 0.10 20:27
12 01:30.0 0.12 12:31
13 02:00.0 0.10 19:53
14 04:00.0 0.21 19:02


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. See what you're doctor has to sayabout your knees. My knees and heels hurt when I first started to run. That went away as I dropped more weight. Be patient. It will get better:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the weight loss! I'm not sure if this will help but I am also doing the C25K (i was one week 3) and was having a hard time (nothing with my knees though) but just having a hard time and getting very winded like to the point of gasping for air. But I read something about slowing your running pace way down and taking small almost shuffling steps. It felt really strange at first like I could walk faster than I was running, but I kept going and next thing I knew I had run a full mile (13'18" pace)and wasn't even winded. I ran for 13 min without stopping and it was my fastest over all pace. Not sure if this will help, just thought I share my experiecne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your loss! I really want to try running and have also wondered if I should lose some weight first or just go with it. I just need to do something.

    ReplyDelete