Thursday, June 21, 2012

SPLITS!!!! : )

I'm so pumped that I have to lead off with my splits!!!


I did NOT want to go out tonight. My feet have been really numb since the Crim group training walk on Tuesday (and they were already more numb than "normal" a week prior) and I had ate a pasta dinner 2.5 hours before and I could still feel the food heavy in my stomach...yuck...but I went anyways!!! I'm still surprising myself with how important I feel these workouts are. Even if I really don't want to go...I feel like I just HAVE to, no ifs, ands, or buts about it...and I LOVE THAT!

I thought the whole workout sucked...each run was pretty difficult. I couldn't seem to keep my breathing controlled the way I usually do and I just felt tired...and SLOOOOOW! I was not expecting to have my fastest times for this weeks training! It was a lot more humid tonight than it normally is when I've gone out, so I'm thinking that's why I felt so off with my breathing. It wasn't all that hot, kind of warm maybe, but the humidity is what makes you feel yucky.

I'm really looking forward to this Lose A Marathon Weight Loss Challenge...remember, you still have time to join in too...until June 25th.

I'm finally going to be able to go get a fitted pair of running shoes! YAY! I can't wait...now I just have to figure out when I can go. I don't really want to try and take three kids into a small running shop so I'll have to find someone to watch them for me. I'll be sure to post pictures of the beauties when I get them. : ) That is, if I ever find my camera's memory card. : (

I'm feeling really good about how my C25K training is going, but those of you who have done it know that you can either track your training by time or distance. I have been tracking by time so I thought I'd figure out how my distance compares to the distance that the C25K training states. I'm falling short on the distances. So now I'm wondering if I should continue to do week 3 training and aim to hit the distances instead of the times, or if I should just continue the way I've been going and move on to the week 4 workouts. What are your thoughts?

I hope everyone has a great FRIDAY! : )

4 comments:

  1. Having proper fitted running shoes will make all the difference for you, running or walking. Good for you for getting out there even when you don't feel like it. That's dedication:) As for the time distance question? I think it's more important to build your cardio first, then worry about distance later. When I did my learn to run clinic, we didn't tackle distance until the 8th week and I still successfully ran a 5k upon completion of my 10 week course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Ernie! Very exciting about your shoes. I really want to go get ftted to, but I figure I'll wait until I have put some more miles on my current ones since they are pretty new and comfortable. I say go with what feels good for you on the whole time/distance thing after a while everything will just fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Ernie!!! New running shoes will make all the difference for your training. For years I struggled in Nikes, but a couple of months ago I bought a pair of Asics and both my walking and running have been transformed. You need to find what type of shoe works best for you - but my feet have never been so comfy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to go get fitted for shoes because I know it will make a HUGE difference. You're doing great on your C25K program, I'm thinking about trying it or something similar. Do you find its easier to follow a program that lays out exactly what you need to do and when or is it something that could easily be done on your own?

    Just curious.

    ReplyDelete