Monday, July 2, 2012

Woop Woop!!!


Yeah, that's right, I CRUSHED IT!!! : )

I improved on every interval...except the 7th. I'm most surprised by my LAST running interval...I improved my pace by MORE THAN A MINUTE!!! As you can see I wasn't doing too well on that last 5:00 interval during the first two workouts so I just expected it to be about the same this time and technically it is my highest time (for running) but its so much less than the previous days that I'm just shocked!

I'm VERY nervous to start week 5 of C25K training because I just realized last night, when showing David what I would be doing this week, that the intervals increase with EVERY workout instead of staying the same like they have been. For those of you who aren't familiar with the program week 5 will go like this...

Workout 1: 5 minute warm-up walk; 5 minute run; 3 minute walk; 5 minute run; 3 minute walk; 5 minute run

Workout 2: 5 minute warm-up walk; 8 MINUTE RUN; 5 minute walk; 8 MINUTE RUN *tired just typing that!

Workout 3: 5 minute warm-up walk; 20 MINUTE RUN *WTH?!?!?!?!?!

If you aren't a runner or are new to running like me then you know how insane that looks! Guess we'll see if I can do it...all I can do is try, right?

This week I plan to concentrate on tracking my calories since I'm struggling with seeing any good results on the scale! ugh

Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was able to visit with some family that I rarely see and go swimming with my kids a couple times (kinda stressful when you are trying to keep track of two while holding a third...David couldn't get in because of having his vasectomy). I hope everyone tries to enjoy their Monday...not sure I will be...concentrating on getting ALL the laundry done today. : /

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Don't even sweat the 20 minute run, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks daunting when you write it down (or type). But...you can do it! I am sure of it! Go ERNIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ernie....you CAN and you WILL do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great! Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete