Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back in the saddle

I went on my first run since the Huckleberry Hustle last night. I wasn't sure how it was going to go since its been over a week since I last ran. My sister and niece were coming over to visit for the night but I told her that I absolutely HAD to go for a run so they both came along with me. I told my sister that I run really slow so she may even be able to walk along with me...but she was pushing my niece in a stroller and she was wearing sandals. She started running with me but had to stop after the first minute. I REALLY wanted to stop too but I kept going. I felt like I was going SO slow and my lungs were burning with every breath. I decided to repeat the C25K week 5 day 2 workout which is what I had last done before the race...8 min. run/5 min. walk/8 min. run. The second 8 minute run was HORRIBLE I wanted to stop as soon as I started and that feeling never went away, but I finished and I knew I had gone even slower than the first time. I was expecting to see horrible numbers when I checked my splits...but once again I was pleasantly surprised instead! : )

This was my workout the first time I did it on July 8th.
 
This is last nights splits. : )

I think I may continue doing this workout a few more times or I'll just skip the next workout (20 minutes of straight running) and move onto week 6's workouts which would have me doing the following intervals...

DAY 1: 5 min. run; 3 min. walk; 8 min. run; 3 min. walk; 5 min. run
DAY 2: 10 min. run; 3 min. walk; 10 min. run
DAY 3: 22 min. run *This is where I may then do the 20 minutes instead of the 22.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to try the Phentermine for my weight loss. I took the first pill yesterday morning. I realize that there are people out there that are completely against taking any kind of weight loss drug and I hope that I do not lose any followers because of my decision. I am not just taking the Phentermine and hoping I will lose weight. I know that I still need to work hard for that weight to come off. I am not going to change what I am already doing to lose the weight. I will continue to exercise and work on my eating habits.

I am hoping that the Phentermine is going to help me with the struggle that I have been having with my diet. Yesterday I was able to only eat when I needed to and didn't feel the need to hunt through the fridge and pantry in between meals!

So I've decided that I am going to include my experience being on the Phentermine in this blog as well so that those who may be thinking about taking it or another appetite suppressant can see what someone else experienced.

Yesterday was my first day on the Phentermine. I took it 30 minutes before I had my breakfast and the first side effect I noticed was that I felt kind of wired or just WIDE AWAKE, which hasn't happened for about 5 years and 9 months! I did not feel restless or agitated, just ALERT! I usually get hungry before lunch time but I felt no urge to eat and actually MADE myself have lunch four hours after I had eaten breakfast. I did notice that my taste buds were being affected. My lunch tasted very bland...still the right flavors, just very muted. They were back to normal when I had dinner though, so hopefully it is just something that will come and go. The only side effect that had been bothering me is that I'm slightly sweating all the time now, even in my air conditioned house. I'm hoping this side effect will subside as my body adjusts to being on the medication.

I'm having the same side effects today...a little wired and slightly sweaty. I haven't experienced any bland food taste yet, but I really didn't even want to eat my breakfast which is very weird because I'm usually starving in the morning.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday! I'm going grocery shopping and stopping at my parents house with just my baby girl in tow. David took the boys swimming...so it should be a relatively relaxing day for me! : )

2 comments:

  1. Hey there!! I nominated you for a Sunshine Award over on my blog. Check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I just wanted to say that everyone approaches weight loss a different way. It's very personal and the way I choose to lose weight is going to be different than the next person. With that being said, I think you chosing to share your experiences while taking the medication is great and no one should judge you for losing weight the way YOU want to. I can't imagine anyone would stop reading your blog based on your choices but I guess it would be their choice to read or not.

    I, for one, will continue to look forward to your posts and reading about your experiences with the medication as well as your quest to get fit :)

    Congrats on your successes!!
    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete