Friday, July 20, 2012

A Couple Things

I had to go in to see my family doctor today for the three month weight check that he wanted me to do. I talked about that visit in a previous post. According to their scale, which they OBVIOUSLY bought from SATAN I weigh 240 lbs.!!!!!!! My scale at home says I weigh 234 lbs. as of this morning! I didn't even remember what I weighted back on April 17th so I asked the nurse and she told me that I was 245 lbs. by their DEMONIC scale. So I've only lost 5 lbs. in three stinkin' months! How depressing. I let the doctor know that I had been doing really well with the exercise aspect of things and was slowly getting on a better diet. He asked if I wanted to take something to help with the weight loss. I asked if it would be ok to take something when I'm suppose to start taking Copaxone for my MS in the next couple weeks. He said that I could check with my neurologist if I wanted but it is fine to take. He wants be to come back in next month for another weight check to see where I'm at. I did take the prescription to be filled, but I'm not going to decide if I'm going to take it until after I read through all of the information on it. Have any of you ever taken Phentermine? I'm not sure about it. : /

After the doctor's office I swung by the library to pick up my book club's next book pick, Girls In White Dresses by Jennifer Close. I haven't been able to finish the last couple books, which I feel really guilty about so I need to make sure that I finish this one! I was looking at my 30 x 30 list and I can't believe that I've only read 6 books so far! It seems like a lot more...but that's because I've started quite a few but never finished them.

I then went to Elite Feet to pick up my second NEW pair of running shoes. The Brooks Dyad 7's...they are pretty sharp looking. : )

Blue is my favorite color! : )
 Since I went to the concert on Tuesday I was going to miss my Crim training group walk but they had to cancel it due to the heat index. I still needed to walk that 7-8 miles and wasn't really looking forward to doing it on my own. Luckily, my group leaders decided to offer another group walk session. So tonight after David got home I went and met up with my group. Only 6 out of about 20 or so group members showed up and we still had a good time even if it took us nearly three hours to walk 7.34 miles!!!

I hope everyone enjoys their Friday. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start making shorter posts and sometimes having more than one a day. Its taken me several hours to get this post finished with everything I wanted to say and I'm pretty sure I still left some stuff out, but I can't get more than a couple semi uninterrupted minutes to write.

2 comments:

  1. I took phentermine with fenfluramine (fen phen) back in the 90's. Together they helped in weight-loss, but they also were taken off the market (prescribed together) because of potential heart valve damage. I'm not sure how effective phentermine is on it's own...my doctor never offered it to me after fen phen was banned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Ernie! I've learned to NEVER rely on doctor's scales - they are truly of the devil!!!! Regardless of what they say, you weigh yourself on your own scales more often, so should take a loss on your home scales as the truth!

    Personally, I wouldn't take the prescription - but that's just me. Back on 2004 when I first lost loads of weight I was given a weight loss prescription from my doctor. It was not phentermine, but something else that prevents a certain amount of fat from being absorbed by the body - but the side effects were horrendous! It is totally a personal choice, but you need to weigh up the potential results compared to the potential side effects.

    ReplyDelete