Monday, July 9, 2012

OUCHY!!!

Was I able to run the allotted 8 minutes straight...twice? Yes
Was it enjoyable? No
Was I in immense pain that started during my second 8 minute run? YES!!!

The issue now is to figure out why! A few things were different with this workout.

1. I tried out my new shoes for the first time.
2. I increased my running time by three minutes.
3. I only had one rest day in between runs instead of the two I have been doing.

So unfortunately this makes it hard to pinpoint the cause of all the pain. My right leg especially...from ankle to knee and even somewhat up into my hip ached really bad. The walk home after the second 8 minute run was HORRIBLE! Needless to say I don't think I should move onto the next workout just yet, which calls for 20 minutes running straight with no walking breaks. I hope the issue is not my shoes. I don't want to have to deal with going back and exchanging them.


Today was weigh in day for the Lose a Marathon Challenge that is being put on by Jess over at Run with Jess. This was also HORRIBLE!!! I GAINED 2 LBS.!!! Which puts me back at 237 lbs.! I am so disgusted with myself. What is wrong with me??? Why can't I just eat RIGHT!? I did it before and it didn't seem that hard while I was doing it. It seems like I am only able to wholeheartedly concentrate on one thing at a time. When I was sticking to a diet really well before, I wasn't exercising and now that I'm really into my exercising, I can't seem to get my diet regimented.When I started my journey in January I thought I would be so much farther along by now (like 70 lbs. down!) but I'm only down 10 FREAKIN' POUNDS IN 7 MONTHS!!! I have a bunch of weddings to go to this year that I was envisioning being a lot skinnier for as well as a concert NEXT Tuesday that I knew I would be going to since April and thought I would be down 30 pounds by and I'm down NONE since then!!! I am utterly disgusted with and disappointed in myself! I'm so sick of being the FAT one. My five year old little boy asked me last night if I was fat or skinny and before I could figure out how to respond he said "I think that you are fat and I am skinny." It was a matter of fact thing, not an insult obviously...but it hurt so badly because I remember thinking how I needed to lose the weight before I had to hear my child call me fat. I HAVE FAILED!!!



8 comments:

  1. You have NOT failed! Yes it's taking a long time, Yes it's freaking hard, but look how far you have come...you can run 8 flippin min. without stopping. That is a big deal, you may not be down a whole lot of pounds but I bet you feel better and are much healthier. Keep going you WILL do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't fail until you quit trying! It takes as long as it takes! Don't give up or it will take even longer. Focus on getting healthy! I may be a 5'2" woman that weighs 195lbs, but you know what my resting heart rate is? 50! That's the heart rate of an athlete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One step at a time. You've got the exercising down, now work on the diet. :-) You can do it! You're already doing it!!

    The commenters above are right, you have not failed! And Miss Carrie Ann said it best, you don't fail until you quit trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Managing to balance diet and exercise is HARD. I've started dieting lots of time and then tried to add in exercise and everything fell apart. But it is a process. Every change has to be incorporated into all that you are already doing.

    Also, you aren't a failure. Setbacks are a sign that you are trying new things. Some of them may not work, but some will. You reevaluate and keep moving. You can absolutely do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't give up, Ernie! Use that frustration as motivation! Margot is right - balancing diet and exercise is not easy! Eventually it will click - you'll find that you can exercise a certain amount and eat a certain number of calories and the weight will steadily come off. Keep going and remember how far you've already come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't give up sweetie. I was just commenting on Bailey's blog-Onederland or Bust-about the same thing. I've lost a whole 5 pounds since April and it's really frustrating. You know our mini challenge this week with the Lose a Marathon challenge is about turning the negative self talk into positive-I think this is coming at a really good time for a lot of us.

    You're doing so many great things for your body right now, try to focus on all the great things you HAVE accoplished and weight loss will follow. I KNOW you can do this!!

    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely did NOT fail! You keep on going girl! I wish I wasn't sick or I would be out there with you! Keep on you are doing GREAT! I can't wait to get where you are!

    ReplyDelete