Sunday, July 8, 2012

If the shoe fits!



I got my first pair of fitted running shoes today! They are Brooks Ghost 5's...in a SIZE 12!!! I have humongous feet! lol I can't wait to try them out! Maybe tomorrow night, but not sure because I'm hurting pretty bad after last nights workout that I forgot to stretch for! *Bad Ernie!*

I went to The Complete Runner because it was one of the two places that I had a coupon for from my Crim training packet. I was really nervous about going in, for the obvious reason...I don't "look" like a runner! I was hoping that I would get a woman to fit me, but of course not...a younger man asked if I needed any help. I let him know that I was looking to buy my first pair of running shoes. He asked me what training I was doing and I told him about my Crim training as well as my C25K training. He had me take off my shoes (I was wearing HORRIBLE old, yellowish socks...I need new socks badly...OBVIOUSLY) and walk in a straight line for a ways and turn and come back. He then measured my feet (left: size 11; right: size 10.75ish) and said he would go in the back and bring out a few different shoes for me to try. I waited nervously for him to come back. He brought out three boxes...Nike, New Balance, and Mizuno. He asked me if I was ready! Um...I guess?! He opened the Nike box first and what he brought out not only looked like a pair boats...but also like a pair of orthopedic old lady shoes! He asked me to put my foot up on the stool in front of him and to my absolute horror I noticed that I had forgotten to SHAVE MY LEGS...FOR AT LEAST THREE DAYS APPARENTLY!!! I immediately covered what I could with my hands, but I'm pretty sure the damage was done and he's probably still puking from what he saw! He was a gentleman though and didn't mention anything. I of course was mortified, and that mortification was renewed every time I had to put my foot back up on that stool. I tried on five pairs of shoes total and fell in love with the Brooks Ghost 5's. They are SOOOO comfortable! I can't wait to try them out. : )

Just wanted to let my 27 followers and anonymous readers know that I offered to do a guest post for a woman that is participating in the Lose a Marathon Weight Loss Challenge with me. You can expect to see my guest post on July 12th on her blog, EatTeachBlog.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I had a GREAT night hanging out with my sister and a bottle of wine! : )

3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow those are so pretty! and that they are comfortable I'd say that is a win-win! Can't wait to hear how they do on their first "road test".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new shoes look fab Ernie! When I bought my Asics, I posted a photo of them on Facebook with the caption "my new wheels"! Good luck for the first road test - I'm sure you'll notice they will make a difference to your running :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to get your first pair of "professionally fitted" shoes! I'm hoping to go Friday to get some myself. I've also been working with some average, off the rack Mizuno's and they just aren't working for me.

    I hope you're doing well with the Lose a Marathon Challenge. I'm also doing it and have been talking about it on my blog. This week is a rough one-in a good way. I've really been looking at myself and being super honest with myself and while it's tough to change some of the negative self talk, it's been soooooo enlightening. I hope you're finding it to be the same.

    Keep up the great work hun!
    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete