Tuesday, July 24, 2012

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY!

I had my Crim group training walk tonight. I ended up walking 5.69 miles in two hours and fifteen minutes, a pretty slow pace, but I enjoy the people I walk with. Next week we are scheduled to walk NINE MILES!!! At our pace it'll be past dark by the time we're done.

I realized that I never wrote about how my new shoes are working for me! I LOVE THEM!!! After the first time I wore them (for a 7.34 mile group training walk) and my feet hurt afterwards I made sure to take my arch supports out of my old shoes and put them in my new shoes. MAJOR DIFFERENCE!!! Now my feet are good until near the end which I just attribute to being tired.

I've been weighing myself every morning since I started the Phentermine. This morning, after three full days on the medication...I have lost FIVE POUNDS!!! I cannot even tell you how finally seeing results on the scale motivated me to keep better track of my calorie intake and discourages me from over indulging!!! I did have a little trouble falling asleep last night but I still woke up rested. I am still having the side effect of feeling very alert, but I didn't really notice the sweating today.

This latest drop in weight brings me to a total of 17 pounds lost since January! I had thought I would be much farther along in my weight loss journey by now (about 60-70 pounds down), but I'm just happy to finally see the scale moving down significantly!

5 comments:

  1. You rock Ernie! Super proud of you!

    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the loss Ernie! That's awesome =D

    Glad you've found a shoe solution too - good footwear makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Ernie - you've been tagged in my blog:

    http://walks-in-the-woods.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    Don't feel obligated to do it, but I really enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Congrats Ernie!

    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete