Saturday, July 7, 2012

Feelin' HOT HOT HOT

I had a crappy day. I just felt like crap all day so I wasn't looking forward to going for a run at all, but I knew I had to do it because its been two days since my last workout. On Tuesday I ended up having to miss my group training session. My cat suddenly became very sick and I had taken him to the vet. I had to pick him back up at 6pm, which is when I'm suppose to be at training. I had planned to just get there late and meet up on the route because we were suppose to walk 6.5 miles. However, the heat index was high enough that we had to cut the mileage in half so it wouldn't have been worth it for me to drive the thirty minutes it would take me to get there. I just decided to do the walk myself started out from my house. One of my group members said they needed proof that I was going to do the walk on my own so I took and sent him these crappy camera phone pictures while on my 3.43 mile walk.

Me....walking. duh
Super crappy picture of the corn field I was walking past.

The temperature here in Michigan tonight when I went out for my first C25K week 5 workout was...


BTW...under that 82 it says "Real Feel 99"!!!


I did not think I would be able to finish...it was so hard to breath and I forgot to stretch beforehand...AGAIN!!! My legs were really sore when I got home...but I did it!!! : ) I didn't walk during any of the running intervals! I continue to surprise myself with my abilities. I hope that continues for the rest of this C25K week 5 because the next workout has been running for 8 minutes straight during one interval and the third workout has me (yes I'm mentioning this again!) running for 20 MINUTES STRAIGHT!!!

I was pleasantly surprised by my splits...it felt like I was going slower than a snail but I did pretty good! I'm not sure I believe that I was walking at a 15:27 pace between my first and second 5 minute running intervals but whatever.



I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I'm hoping to get out tomorrow to buy my new running shoes. Which I will be able to post a picture of because I found my camera's SD card!!! : ) YIPPY!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such an amazing job!! You should be so proud of yourself and are quite an inspiration!

    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete