Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Seeing a sloth...and other updates

Sorry that it has taken me so long to post. My mind has been preoccupied with a bunch of other things going on. I took my boys to the Flint Children's Museum on Saturday. I have been wanting to take them for about two years! David had to work up north at another of his work's locations so my Mother-in-law offered to watch Isabel for me. We had a lot of fun. They were having a special summer party day so they were having a lot of extra activities going on. One of which was an animal show by Animal Magic. Jacob (my 5 year old) was able to sit through the whole show, although he told me he was tired, but Nathan (3...almost 4 year old) whined and whined that he wanted to go play the games (which we had already done)...but I wanted to see the animals...the sloth especially...its not very often that people get to see a sloth in person! Nathan was able to hold out and we got to see the whole show and I bought the boys stuffed animal snakes which they were happy about.

Saturday night I started week 6 of C25K training...yes I realize that if I followed the program the way it is "suppose" to be done I would be finished by now, but with my Crim training going on as well and needing to take two days off in between most runs it is taking me quite a bit longer...I'm coming up on the 10th week since I started C25K training. The week 6 day 1 workout had me running 5 minutes (after a 5 minute walk for warm up); walking 3 minutes; running 8 minutes; walking 3 minutes; and running 5 minutes. I also walked another 8 minutes as a cool down...and to get back home.

This workout SUCKED!!! I was ok during the first 5 minute run, but I felt like I slowed WAY down for the 8 minute run and didn't think it would EVER end. The last 5 minute run was TORTURE and I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to run for the entire 5 minutes, but I REFUSED to quit...especially after I ran 20 minutes straight the other day and felt AWESOME! Leigh (Poonapalooza) is SO right when she says that she thinks running intervals is harder than just running nonstop!

Here's my splits...yucky!


Sunday we had some friends over for a BBQ. We hadn't really been able to hang out with them lately because they are now in the process of buying a house and have been really busy. David and I cleaned up the house and I was grateful for all his help because I needed it cleaned up for book club the following night.

Yesterday Jacob had to go have his hearing and vision tested for school so my mother-in-law took Nathan with her and some of his cousins to the local rec center to swim and I dropped Jacob off there after his testing. Then Isabel and I went party supply shopping for Nathan's 4th birthday party this Friday! He wants a pirate themed party so I wanted a treasure chest pinata which I plan to hide somewhere in our yard and will have made a treasure chest for the kids to follow to find it. Should be a fun time...I just hope I can have everything together in time.

After all the running around I had our monthly book club meeting at my house...just about everybody cancelled so there was just three of us here to discuss the book...which we normally only discuss for the first 5-10 minutes or so and then chit chat about whatever else. Last nights discussions included liking/disliking kids (both ladies in attendance have no children), our views on the reactions to people who do not condone homosexuality/gay marriage, and Kristin Stewart cheating on Robert Pattinson. lol Quite the mix of topics...among others. I had a lot of fun, I always enjoy book club! : )

Well, that gets you all caught up to today. Tonight my Crim training group will be walking NINE MILES!!! Its going to take a long...long...long...long time, but it will hopefully be fun. I can't believe that the Crim is only three weeks away!

Have a great Tuesday everyone! I'm in a pretty good mood today and feel like I could get a lot accomplished...so I'm off to do more laundry. : )

How could I almost forget to tell you that I finally broke out of the 230's and into the 220's this week!!!! I weighed in at 229 lbs. yesterday for the Lose a Marathon Challenge. Which puts me at a total of 9 lbs. lost since the challenge started. : )

3 comments:

  1. so proud of your Erin! Keep up the great work!

    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, you will have great runs and runs that totally suck a$$. It's the great ones that make you want to keep on going, and the bad ones that make you want to do better the next time. You're doing great Erin. You do the C25K program at your own pace and don't compare yourself to anyone else. This is your race:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the comment above. The C25K program is a good guide but you need to make it your own and do what you need to do. I am starting a 12 week training program for a race in December but have 16 weeks to do the program in because I know that life will get in the way...or I may need to repeat a week or whatever. It is my training and I will tweak what I need to tweak!

    ReplyDelete