Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On Hiadus

Sorry for the 6 days of blog silence, but whatever I did to my ankle/knee during my 8 min./5 min. interval C25K training workout has continued to bother me while just walking around my house so I haven't been running since my 5k race last Thursday. I WILL go out tonight and repeat that 8/5 workout and see how my knee and ankle do...but if it starts hurting I am NOT going to "push" through it because I don't want to get injured to the point of not being able to do my other races that I'm signed up for. I told David (my husband) that I will probably just go up to the gym, where I have a membership that I NEVER use, and ride the recumbent bike until I heal.

Now...I am going to veer off topic because I had the most AMAZING concert experience of my LIFE last night!!! *Yes, but knee and ankle bothered me somewhat so I couldn't dance/jump around as much as I wanted...not to mention that it was at an outdoor venue and was still in the 90's after dusk!!!

I know I mentioned this occasion was coming up on my blog before and I know that I already bothered you with some of the details from my last concert in April...but I have never experienced a rock concert (or any concert) like I got to last night. I saved up some money and was able to purchase a VIP ticket package to see Bush and Nickelback when then returned to Michigan July 17th. We got early entry (not as cool as it may sound because we did a lot of standing around before we could go to our seats), and a goody bag tote with t-shirt, bottle opener, poster, and guitar picks...because we purchased (we is my friend Kristin...whom I had to BEG to spend the obscene amount of money to go with me...and myself) the VIP tickets we did not know exactly where our seats would be until we picked them up at the venue. We knew we would be within the first 15 rows but nothing else.

When we picked up our tickets the lady said we were FOURTH row!!!! HOLY COW!!! However, when we went down to our seats they showed us to the THIRD ROW!!!!! I asked if they were sure about that...and YEP THIRD FREAKING ROW!!!! Better still...as soon as we sat down Kristin started jabbing me with her elbow saying "Look...Look...Look who it is???" Up on stage, showing his little boy around was none other than Gavin Rossdale, the lead singer of BUSH!!!!!! We were both freaking out (quietly...we had to appear cool) and wanted to take a picture but we both thought it seemed inappropriate to take a photo of him with his son, even though others were doing it. We were at the end of the third row and when he walked back around the front of the stage and sent his son backstage and saw us and stopped and turned and said "Hi, how are you?" I should mention that they were playing music over the speakers so we could barely hear him, it was mostly reading lips. Of course I immediately say (probably yelled, louder than needed) 'Good! How are you!?' Then he pointed at my friend and said "I like your shirt" and smiled. *She was wearing a BUSH t-shirt she bought at the concert with me in April. Kristin was speechless and I dorkily (is that a even a word? Spell check says no) just pointed at Kristin's shirt too, gave a goofy grin and nodded. (What a DORK I am!) They he said bye or enjoy the show or something and was gone and THEN Kristin and I freaked out like young teenagers!

Our seats are circled in red...so even being on the end of the row was still almost center stage.

  We figured that would be the highlight of the evening...but Gavin Rossdale went down into the crowd and sang two songs while wandering through the crowd.  While both Kristin and I love Bush and have since they first came out, Kristin loves them even more than me so I switched seats with her so she could be on the very end of the row when Gavin came by to return to the stage. When he went by us Kristin got a hug from him!!!! I made sure to touch his arm though at least. ; ) It was AWESOME!!!

I love that lady's face! lol Its what any woman's face would look like if they could cop a feel of Gavin! : )
We had an AWESOME time and I will never forget it!!!

Here are a few more photos from the night. I am still kicking myself for deciding that I didn't need to bring extra batteries for my camera...it died shortly after Nickelback got on stage. : (

My Darkest Days opened...they 'sound' good...singers have good voices and the music itself it good...just don't like some of their songs lyrics.
I don't know how he could even wear that jacket through one whole song it was so hot!

That light on him is not a spot light, but sun light. The poor guy was literally dripping sweat!

Love me some Nickelback!!!

Talking to the crowd.

I was standing right in front of the bass player all night. : ) He's cool.
I hope everyone had a good weekend and is having a good week so far. I will now be back to normal posting topics. ; )

2 comments:

  1. I just did C25K, and I agree that Week 5 is crazy. I did the 8/5 intervals for like 2 or 3 weeks before I attempted the 20 minute run, and then when I did the 20 minute run, I just kept telling myself to go slow, and it worked. After I did that 20 minute run, I also realized that I would probably be happier just running at that point rather than using intervals, so I made myself some 20 minute playlists, and just used those. I kept making longer playlists, and now I'm using 30 minute playlists. It's worked well for me. I was never really dealing with any pain/soreness until just this week. Now my knee is killing me. So frustrating. Oh, also, I know how hard it is to gain control of the eating. I have always had a high activity level. Before C25k I did jazzercise classes about 5-6 times a week. Now I'm doing jazzercise and running. I still weigh a lot more than I should. Anyways, I have lost about 45 pounds in the last 4 months by really cutting the sugar and carbs. I don't really do low carb, but I stopped eating carbs that don't have fiber. So, I still eat oatmeal and brown rice, but I don't eat potatoes or white rice. And, in general, I try to keep track of how many calories I get from carbs, and I definitely have some days that are very low carb. It's been pretty amazing, because it's changed my cravings, and I haven't been as hungry. I know it has to do with the glycemic index and those things, but all that gets sort of confusing. I just know that it is really working, and it feels like it's something that I can keep doing. Sorry, I know this is so long. I just know losing weight is so hard, and I wanted to let you know what has worked for me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concert looked amazing. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete