Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Buying a House...

...or at least we hope we are! I almost don't even want to write about it for fear of jinxing it! We had an offer in on a house we really liked but would have to put some work into before we could even move in. Also, it was a short sale...which meant waiting FOREVER to hear back from the bank. We waited almost a month and during that time continued to look at other homes. Well, we found one that we absolutely LOVE and its HUGE! It was priced a little bit above our price range, but was in WAY better condition than anything else we had looked at...move in ready!!! So we jumped through what hoops we needed to in order to get out of our offer on the cheaper fixer-upper home and to get pre-approved for a loan through the bank that owned the house. *We are already pre-approved elsewhere, but they wanted us pre-approved through their bank...silly...but whatever! So we quickly got the pre-approval and put in an offer. I should probably mention that there was already an offer in on the home so we were in a rush. Well, today we were told that someone else put in an offer too! Now there are THREE offers on this house and we have to give our highest offer by 5pm tomorrow!!! We really want this house, but we don't want to break the bank trying to get it.

Despite all this stress...OH, I also called about the schools of choice program in our area because I want our children to continue going to the school district we live in now and this house is just out of it (figures). So...like I said...despite all the stress of the day I did NOT snack on every imaginable junk food in site! In fact I think I did rather well and I didn't even count the calories. Here's what I had to eat today.

Breakfast: Old Fashioned Oats cooked in coconut milk with coconut butter mixed in and toasted pecan pieces and shaved sweetened coconut on top.
Lunch: Turkey Chili with saltine crackers
Dinner: Salmon with red skin potatoes and broccoli
Snacks: PB & J sandwich; Schwan's Frozen Chocolate Yogurt

*I should probably mention that I am still nursing my 8 month old daughter so I find it hard to count calories because I'm not really sure how much is too much to cut out, so I just eat when I feel hungry (not bored or stressed...well maybe when I'm stressed).*

No comments:

Post a Comment