Thursday, February 9, 2012

Curse you McDonalds...

...for making the most delicious 'coffee' drink EVER!!! Of course...just because they make it doesn't mean I have to DRINK it! However, I hadn't had one in about a month (I think) and the excuse I gave myself for going to McDonald's was that Jacob (my 4 year old) had a good day at preschool. He listened to his teacher and cleaned up after himself. So we headed to McDonald's...my intention was to get myself a small caramel frappe and THAT'S ALL!!! Jacob requested a cheeseburger, fries, AND chicken nuggets!!! I knew that he would only eat one or the other, but Nathan wanted chicken nuggets too, so I got a 10 piece chicken nugget, two small fries, a cheeseburger, and a small shamrock shake *for tomorrow (yeah right)* along with the small frappe. Jacob ate the top bun off of the cheeseburger and his fries, Nathan ate his fries...NEITHER boy ate their chicken nuggets!!! I DON'T LIKE wasting food...which I HATE because in order to lose this weight I'm going to have to throw some away at times. I was raised in a "clean your plate" household...which could be part of my problem, but let's not start pointing fingers at anyone but myself. Soooo...that being said...I ate the rest of the cheeseburger, about 10 fries, and four nuggets, ON TOP of the frappe! The shake is in my freezer, I swear! Now that I write this I realize that it's not all THAT bad. It use to be that I would get my own meal...usually the Big Mac, PLUS a medium caramel frappe, AND then I would finish what the boys didn't eat! Wow, I've never shared that...its sounds so horrible and disgusting!!!
I still feel horrible about what I did eat though...and to be completely honest, I'll probably end up eating that shake tonight after the kids go to bed as well. All I can say is today I was/am weak...but tomorrow I'll get back on track. I didn't expect that I would be able to change over night. Geez, this is a depressing post, sorry about that.

Here's a calorie breakdown of my McDonald's Fiasco (I'm just now adding this up so I'm sure its gonna shock me):

Cheeseburger: 300 *The top bun was missing, but I can't imagine its more than 50 calories difference
4 Chicken Nuggets: 190
Sweet n' Sour Sauce: 50
French Fries: 76 *Best guess...estimating that a small fry has 30 fries and that I ate 10.
Small Caramel Frappe: 450
Small Shamrock Shake: 540 *They didn't have the info for the shamrock but I figure they're just adding some mint flavoring to the vanilla.

Total: 1606 CALORIES!!!! That's around what I allot for the WHOLE DAY!!! ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment