Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feelin' Good

I'm feeling pretty good about myself today, even though I didn't count calories yesterday.

I had to take my Grandpa to U of M hospital to get a procedure called an electrocardioversion to try and changed his heart rhythm. I had to get up way earlier than normal so I set an alarm, but I slept through it and David woke me up when I only had 12 minutes before I was suppose to leave! I had to get myself and Isabel ready since I was taking her with me. David took the boys to his parents house for the day before he headed into work. So, I didn't get to have breakfast or pack a lunch like I was planning on doing. I snagged a yogurt w/ granola to inhale on the drive there, and filled canteen bottle with water. Isabel wore her pajamas.

My Grandpa's procedure was going to take a few hours from start to finish, which was mostly prep and recovery. I forgot (actually didn't have time to get) my stroller and carried Isabel ALL THE WAY to the U of M cafeteria! I had to get to the main building, we were in the cardiovascular building connected to the main hospital. I had to stop every 50-100 ft and switch arms...I had her in her infant carrier. I even had two men (one on the way to the cafeteria and one on the way back) ask if they could carry her for me, but I knew I was going to be eating an unknown amount of calories and figured the exercise was just helping me burn a few.

I decided to get a burrito. I had one last August when my Grandpa was there having heart surgery. They're delicious but HUGE! However, when I got one last year, I also got chips, a dessert, and a 20 oz. of regular Coke (mmmm...Coke). This time I got ONLY the burrito and a diet Coke. : ) I figure the burrito was about 600 calories or so, but I only had the yogurt for breakfast at 190 calories.

So I didn't feel too guilty when I had homemade pizza, grapes, a few crackers and cheese, and a slice of red velvet cake (Its my good friend Kari's 24th birthday today...I know...she's still a baby). I didn't even finish the piece of cake. So I'm relatively confident that I stayed close to my calorie range yesterday. However, its time to get back to tracking the calories today. I hope everyone feels as good as I do today. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment