Monday, February 27, 2012

Don't think its going to happen

I did (re)lose 2 lbs. this week, which puts me back at 10 lbs. lost, and that is a good thing...but I'm pretty upset with myself because I know I'm not going to make my next mini goal of losing 20 lbs. by March 8th...unless of course I can lose a pound a day...very unlikely.

Why does this have to be so FREAKIN' HARD??? I was able to lose 40 lbs. in 4 months back in 2009! Why can't I do that now??? I guess I know of some reasons...but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. I counted calories EVERY DAY back then and was able to stay within my calorie range. I am leery of counting/cutting calories right now because I am still nursing my 9 month old daughter. I don't want to compromise my milk supply so that makes it hard...and because I'm not counting calories its so much easier to overeat. Guess all I can do is keep trying because I REFUSE to give up! Its hard though to keep going when some of those closest to me don't believe I can do it. Part of me is saying "Oh yeah, watch me!" but another part of me just feels defeated and says "You're right, there's no way I can do this, what am I thinking?". I will NOT let that part of me win, no matter what others say (or imply).

Here's to another week of weight loss and learning how to eat better! : )

2 comments:

  1. I have confidence in you! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie,

    I KNOW its going to happen for you. I KNOW it!

    I have such a hard time comparing my weight loss with ALL the other times I have done it. Honestly, I think it makes it harder for me, because I have expectations that may not be met!

    Weight Watchers has a GREAT program for nursing mothers. It takes into account the calories needed to sustain nursing, etc. I am SURE there are other programs out there that are similar.

    I do believe that tracking (whatever form you choose) makes a big difference in success - at least for me it has. I am far more successful when I am actively tracking my food intake, than when I am not.

    You did GREAT this week! You lost, and that is fantastic!

    Hang in there! Sending positive thoughts your way!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete