Thursday, February 23, 2012

Food Log

Breakfast: Two slices of Ezekiel bread, toasted with one serving of Jif peanut butter

Lunch: McDonald's Cheeseburger...let me explain...lol...I had to take my grandfather to his doctors appointment over an hour away with all three of my kids in tow. I was very good and packed our lunches (PB&J's for all three of us not on baby food (: Cheez-its for the boys, a serving of cheddar pretzels for me, apple, orange, and grapes). The kids were not happy by the time we got to the doctors office, so I dropped my grandfather off (his idea) and went to the nearest McD's so they could play in the playplace. I was not planning on getting anything and the kids were fine with that. However, when we had to leave a lot sooner than I anticipated they started whining about how they wanted a cheeseburger and not their sandwiches...because I needed to get them out of there quickly and because I figured a cheeseburger wouldn't kill them I agreed to get them one if they got into the van quick. I got them each a cheeseburger and a small fry. Neither wanted them after I bought them (of course). Nathan ate his PB&J sandwich and some Cheez-its. I did talk them both into eating their fries and they each ate a fruit (grapes and the apple...leaving the orange...yuck...wasn't eating that). I didn't want all that food to go to waste so instead of eating my PB&J sandwich I had ONE of the cheeseburgers. Don't get me wrong...that second cheeseburger was SCREAMING my name the whole way home...but I didn't give in. : )

Dinner: Leftover chicken breast with caramelized onions and some tater tots with ranch dressing
Snacks: Schwan's Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and a Coke Zero.

I wanted to share a food log to show what I've been eating and I was pretty proud of myself with how I handled the fast food situation. As always, I know that there is room for improvement. I could have ignored both of those cheeseburgers screams of "ERIN...EAT ME...PLEEEEASE!!!!" and went for the PB&J sandwich..that went to waste instead...hmmmm...guess "not wasting" the McDonald's was just an excuse to eat it! See, I learn new things all the time...how crazy though...to realize that I lied to myself about WHY I should eat the cheeseburger. I didn't consciously realize at the time that I was just making an excuse! Guess I'll need to analyze my 'reasons' more in the future. : )

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to not to give into temptation that is right in front of you. Kudos to you for recognizing what you could do different next time. This is what will make you successful:)

    ReplyDelete