Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My birthday weekend was great...though NOT diet friendly. I'm not a big cake fan, so my husband went out and got me an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen (a staple on my birthday).
My in-laws took me out to a pizza dinner. I had salad, two slices of pizza, and half a homemade cupcake.

On Saturday (my actual birthday), my husband and I went out to dinner at Red Robin where we met up with some very special people. ; ) I got my meal (burger and fries) for free, and was surprised (and embarrassed) by the wait staff bringing a cake to the table (make by one of those special people) and singing a birthday song to me!

While I know I didn't follow my diet over the weekend...I made sure I prepared myself for the aftermath so that I didn't get discouraged and start a cycle of making poor food choices.

I was up 3 lbs. on Sunday but am now just one pound over what I was pre-birthday. I'm not sure if that will still be the case if I weigh myself tomorrow...I took my grandfather to a doctor's appointment today and we were out of bread (I thought...found some in the freezer when I got home) so we got McDonald's. I was gone ALL DAY and missed dinner...seriously thought about getting MORE fast food for dinner...but I was able to resist and made some pasta with Italian diced tomatoes and some mozzarella cheese. : ) This may not sound like a great accomplishment...but I'm taking what I can get right now.

1 comment:

  1. Successful weight-loss for me has been about planning my weekly meals and keeping a food diary. I eat differently from my family and cook my weekly meals (to take to work and eat for dinner) on Sunday. That way, I never have temptations. Commit to your weight-loss and you will be much more successful. You're worth it!

    ReplyDelete