Thursday, March 29, 2012

Good News and Bad News

Which do you want first?

Good News!!!

I got a new toy!!! : ) I'm really looking forward to using this...I hope I can figure it out. lol



We signed on our house today!!! FINALLY!!! But........we don't have the keys yet because the bank that owns the house is out of state and they won't give us the keys until they are wired their money...so that means it could be Monday before we get them. Our realtor moved the closing up from 1:00pm to 8:30am this morning so that they would have more time to try and get the money to the bank before the end of the day...we're keeping our fingers crossed!

A group of ladies and I are going to be starting a 12 week weight loss challenge. If you read my previous post about a challenge I did I'm sure your asking "Why Erin?" Most of these ladies were a part of that and were unhappy with how things went/ended up so we made our own group to help support each other in our weight loss journeys. We've all been struggling with motivation and accountability so we decided to start another challenge April 1st. It should be FUN this time around. I'll keep you posted on how its going for me. What's awesome is that Connie over at Moving the Mountain has joined our group and will be participating in the challenge as well...so if you follow her blog, be sure to keep up with her progress as well.

Now, for the BAD NEWS...

I'm pretty sure I have plantar fasciitis. I've been reading up on what could be causing such pain in my left foot and this comes up most frequently and sounds right on with what I'm feeling. I wanted to go to the doctor's to get it checked out, but they couldn't get me in for a couple weeks and my husband thinks it would be ridiculous to go to the urgent care (not the ER) for it. *I could say WAY more about what my husband "thinks"...but we'll keep this light. ; ) Anyways...I know that the doctor wouldn't be able to 'fix' it, he would just tell me what I could do to help it heal...so after researching it and asking friends and family it looks like I will suspend going for walks and continue with the recumbent bike for now, get some orthopedic inserts for my shoes, do some stretches, and cold compresses. It really irritates me that I would do this NOW!!! Right at the start of wanting to get in shape...and what was I thinking starting just before having to pack up and move??? Oh well, nothing I can do about it now...but take it as easy on the foot as possible. Which is a bummer too for my new Garmin Forerunner. : ( I still plan to use it to track heart rate and such while riding the bike, but I was looking forward to seeing how it worked with the GPS.

Oh, a little more good news...Hello to any new readers!!! Thanks to Katie at Runs for Cookies I have been seeing some increased traffic. Welcome to any newcomers...and I hope to hear from you about ANY advice you can give me on continuing on my weight loss journey.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new toy and your new house! I haven't taken the leap to get a Garmin, but maybe someday I will. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't planning on getting one this early in my journey...but I couldn't believe how discounted the price was so I went for it! Check it out on Amazon.com. I even made sure to read the reviews to check and see if there was something wrong with this model that would cause it to be discounted, but there wasn't. : )

      Delete
  2. Good job on trying another challenge. I do think challenges are a good thing...but it all depends on who is involved. I hope you are in a better group this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, these ladies are AWESOME!!! Should be a much better experience this time around!

      Delete